Saturday, May 27, 2017

Reflections in Romans, 2:1-16

Romans 2:1-16

I. Who is the Judge? (1-4)
II. (After) Life Sentence (5-11)
III. Law Clarified (12-16)

Summary/Insight:
Those who judge are condemned because they do the same things as those they are judging. Because of stubbornness, unrepentant hearts - storing up God's wrath and his righteous judgment will be revealed. God will give according to what they have done. People who are persistent in doing good, seeking honor, glory, immortality will be given eternal life. Those who reject the truth and are self-seeking face God's wrath and anger. First the Jew, then the Gentile. God is impartial, no favoritism. Those who hear the law are seen by God as righteous but those that obey the law are DECLARED righteous. God will one day judge the secrets of the heart through Jesus Christ.

Application Questions:
(I think there are more questions on this one because I was feeling some conviction as I read)
I. Who am I judging? What accusations have I made against them? How am I guilty of similar/same things? Where has God been patient, kind and tolerant in my life and/or situation, in the midst of my judgment of others?

II. Where am I being stubborn and refuse to repent? Where do I deserve God's righteous judgement and wrath? (I know in all areas I deserve it, but this is to make myself aware of specific areas rather than put out a blanket statement.) Where am I rejecting truth? How am I being persistent? Where do I need to be persistent?

III. Am I being obedient to what I've heard? Where do I need to seek God's help and guidance to obey what I've heard? What does my life reflect is on my heart?

No comments:

Post a Comment