Saturday, May 27, 2017

Reflections in Romans, 1:1-17

So for a while I've been wanting to blog but I haven't done anything so while I feel inspired to do so, I'm going to share what I've gotten by doing homiletics and different study methods through passages over our summer break from BSF to get started. I want to go deeper and I think starting out this way will help get my creative flow going. So here goes....


Romans 1:1-17

Summary of what I read:
Paul - dedicated servant of God - has people of Rome on his heart. He is longing to go preach the gospel to them so they may be saved. People are loved by God and called to belong to Christ. Paul is a messenger - offering grace, peace and prayer. He is fully committed to his call/purpose & most importantly, to God. HE wants to share his spiritual gift of preaching and wants to be encouraged by the Romans. He wants to offer the message of salvation so they may have righteousness.

My take aways:
Spiritual Gifts - God's children have them to offer to others.
God puts a mission/calling on each of his children's lives/hearts.
We are called to fully live for God's purposes.
We are to boldly proclaim the gospel to all we encounter. **Note - this isn't always with words, but by our actions and attitudes as well. Most often that speaks louder than the words we actually say.

Application Questions/Going deeper:

What spiritual gifts has God given me and how am I using them for his glory?
Where do I feel God is calling me?
What mission has he set on my heart?
Who's purposes am I focused on - what's my agenda? My own or kingdom-centered/focused?
To who am I proclaiming the gospel - what do my actions and attitude say?

No comments:

Post a Comment