Saturday, May 27, 2017

Reflections in Romans, 1:18-32

Romans 1:18-32


My insights/summary:
Although many are not used to describe God specifically there are many descriptions of what He is not and what he does not stand for.

God has made himself known through his creation, so all may plainly see there is a creator all our existence. He has eternal power - is divine in nature, immortal and deserving of all glory and praise forever. He is truth and righteousness. He allows people to make their choice but he will also give them over to the consequences of those choices.

Divisions:
I. Creator God may be known plainly & deserves all praise.
II. God allows free will and gives people over to their choices.
III. Life without God results in evil and wickedness.

Application Questions:
Am I offering thanks and praise in all of my circumstances?
Do I recognize God's grace and mercy in my life?
Where do I need to recognize his hand in my life?
Where do I need to confess, repent and show adoration to the Lord?
How am I choosing to exercise my free will?
Who am I seeking to please?
When self-seeking, how can I see the destruction that has come from those choices?
Am I truly with God or without? Am I seeking his knowledge? Am I acting on it or do I do what I want and seek "man's" approval?

What am I exchanging for God's truth and promises? What am I exchanging for the rewards and blessings he offers?

No comments:

Post a Comment